Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Anak manja

I'm not feeling well, not I'm sick. Get it? It makes difference.

I got up in the morning on Monday, feeling ill. I kept on sneezing. As the day went on, the mucus started to melt hugely. It oozed out from the left hole of my nose and triggered the tear glands of my left eye. Sometimes tears just welling up and sometimes tears fell down my cheeks.

I have the habit of sticking a tissue in my nose hole, so that I need not suck the mucus back in, or have it flow down freely from my nozzle.

The flu got worse and fever stroke me. At night, I had to have that damped cloth to put on my forehead to cool me down. It was indeed a pleasure. In my head, I could picture a wet damped cloth put on a hot stuff and it sizzles. Psssttt.

On the next day, it had gone so terrible that I could only stand the fever and flu until 12pm. For the first time studying here, I skipped a class. But it was unintentional. I couldn't make it. My body was weak, like really. I needed a rest.

Mum asked me to try to go to the clinic by myself. If I couldn't make it at around 3pm, I should call her so my parents could come over (which was what I really wanted). But I overslept. Kind of lazy to go by myself and also scared. I couldn't trouble my friends. They had classes to attend. Going around this new world alone is just nerve-wrecking.

Instead, dad called me and got angry over the phone. Of why I didn't go to clinic already. So they decided to come over after Maghrib. (It's kind of 40 minutes journey).

They came and brought me to clinic and we ate dinner together. Not at Medan Selera Seksyen 2. No way. It was a mamak's restaurant.

Anyway, I felt really relieved that they came over. And ate together. Mum could barely follow dad to pick me up or something. But this time, she came along because it was school's holiday.

I felt loved. And being the last one in the family - what people say, 'bongsu mesti anak manja' - it suited me well (although I always try to deny it and want to prove that I'm not, to the world, I just couldn't. Truth is the truth.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes?

FREAKS