Wednesday, December 16, 2015

#197

I know what's going to happen.
I know what he is going to tell me.
The eagerness that he shows in phone messenger is too obvious.
He actually just couldn't wait to tell me the good news.
To tell me about the girl of his dreams.
To tell me how wonderful she is.
To tell me how it went from thereon.
To tell me how it got to being serious-to-marry relationship.
And I will just have sit there across the table
and listen to all his happy sappy stories about the girl he loves.

Oh I am sure. So sure, that even though I know what would happen,
I also know that I wouldn't know how to respond.
As a friend. As a close friend.

I keep playing the what-could-be scene over and over.
But I couldn't seem to visualize myself of how I would react.

Well, Erin. Get ready to hide everything you feel like you want to show.
I suppose things are going to be left unsaid.
Where lips are sealed.
Just like all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes?

FREAKS