Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I could not sleep throughout that night... pt. 1

I could not sleep throughout that night, thinking how in the world that I could still be able to lie on my bed and think of this dreadful event. What happened that day gave me chills from the nape of my neck, swirling down my spine...

The instant the clock ticked to four, I scrambled and made my way to the forest behind my house. I had a really bad day in school. So the forest was the best place for me to relax and just enjoy. Although I had been into the woods several times before, the beauty of the forest never failed to arouse me.

From the outside, the woods gave a promising beauty and peace. As I stepped into the woods and went a little further, I thought I was in a wonderland. The sound of birds chirping was really clear. Various species of flowers with a torrent of colours had added extra toppings on the beauty. Some of them crept underneath the huge and tall trees, others twirl around the branches and more of the plants climbed high above to the tip of the trees.

Grass was not the only plant that covered the ground. Ferns and button mushrooms also survived below the large trees although light barely shone on the ground as it was covered by the huge trees. I thought I saw a squirrel jumping from tress to trees, but it was so fast that I doubted it was a squirrel.

It was plainly breathtaking and I was bedazzled by the magnificence until I was not worried at all if a beast was about to devour me.

‘Crack.’ Out of the blue, I heard the crunchy sound of the dried leaves on the ground. It was a bolt from the blue, as every time I came here, no one or nothing would make that sound except me. Flapping of wings was so clear to my ears as if the twittering birds were running from something, which I believed was danger.

I realized that the world had become a quiet place until I could hear my own heart beating so fast. I stopped walking and waited for the unknown, darting my eyes back and forth towards... nothing.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes?

FREAKS