Monday, May 30, 2011

I could not sleep throughout that night... pt. 2

The second I turned to my left, a puma look-alike was about to leap at me, roaring, making its many layers of teeth visible. Yet with a speed of light, I jumped to the other side as to dodge its attack. I fell with a hard bump. It was painful but the beast was not about to give up.

I took a branch that lay on the floor which happened to have a sharp end and stood up. The beast gritted its teeth and I made the first move. I jerked the rather heavy branch towards the beast. Instead, the beast bit the branch and tried to shake if off my hands.

As I struggled, I thought, ‘Friday. It is the day that mother told me not to ever step into the woods on this particular day.’ She never told me why but now I got it.

An ancient story said that the beast was actually beyond a man’s fight. Without further due, I let the ranch go and broke into a run. I did not know where I was heading because fear rushed through me. I tried not to trip over the obstacles on the ground or a branch on my head. Adrenaline rush really helped me to survive.

I did not dare to turn around but just ran like a wind. When I saw an open end, I was the happiest person in the world. I kept running and the moment I saw something familiar about the open end, I tried to stop. Yet inertia kept me moving forward and when I did, I was actually jumping off a cliff to see a vast sea before me. I could hardly scream as I was approaching the water with an increasing velocity.

As the water seemed closer, I embraced myself and entered the sea with a big splash. Fortunately my three years of swimming class helped me to get my head above the water.

With a superior strength, I swam to the shore with a furious speed. As I reached the shore, I panted really hard. It was as if jumping from a frying pan into a fire! I looked high up above and saw the beast at the cliff. I could not believe that the cliff was extremely high, and I had survived the jump, without breaking any of my bones. I believed that no normal human could possibly survive that. That was why this terrifying tragedy made me wide awake, unbelieving of the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes?

FREAKS