Saturday, May 28, 2011

Words (essay) pt. 2

Before the day got dark, I decided to leave the pond, still hoping my father would stop trying to be my best friend. When I entered my house, it was eerily quiet.

“Dad?” I called him out, but there was no response. I went into the guest room – the place where he would always be.

“Dad?” I called him again as I slowly pushed the ajar door. I was too shocked to see what was before me until I could feel myself turned pale. He was lying on the floor, unmoved.

“DAD?!” I dropped my bag and shook him to wake him up. Floodgates of emotion were opened with sadness. I assured myself that there was still a ray of hope. With the knowledge I had, I listened to his heart beat. Nothing could be heard.

“NO! You cannot leave me!” I cried and shook him more vigorously. My eyes were burry and watery with tears.

“How could you leave me without giving me a chance to make amends for my sin to you?” I said to his dead body with wavery voice. What I said before I left the house must have given him a heart attack, because then only I remembered that he had a high blood pressure. My words must have affected him profoundly. He died and I was not there. I abandoned him.

When logic came to me, I called the ambulance. Funeral was made and the neighbours came over to pay condolescence. I was devastated by his death. My neighbours didn’t know what really happened. There was no need for them to know as I was really ashamed of myself.

Now, there was nothing I could do to reverse his death. When I flashed back, he actually looked good in the t-shirt and the three-quarter pants.

“My handsome father...,” I whispered to myself. He should not die at such young age. Yet still, those were the last words I said. I knew by then that words could kill.

As I watched Joe and Kylar playing, I was determined not to disappoint them and to think twice before I say anything. I just could not bear another loss of my beloved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes?

FREAKS