Saturday, January 3, 2009

Special Case

December 31st 2008, Wednesday


I went to Klinik Gigi Seri Ihsan in the morning. I'm having this RARE UNCOMMON case where two of my gigi taring bawah didn't grow at where they were supposed to. They grew WAY off the track! And on the same spot, lying on top of each other.

So one tooth can't be seen and the other is visible. The invisible tooth even grew out of the border of the teeth. Except that people couldn't see the visible tooth even when I'm laughing and they are not harmful to me.

The dentist even said that my case was new to her and that it's complicated. Just look at my options.


1: Extract those gigi taring.

Side effect, I'll lose my strongest teeth 'coz usually gigi taring are the only teeth left when you grow old. Then if I wanna wear braces, my size of mouth will decrease. I'm afraid my facial profile will change too but according to the dentist, it'd change only a bit, you can barely see the difference. She even praised me saying that I have a nice facial profile. I'm flattered xDD but I managed to just give a smile. Hahah.

2: Put the teeth back on where they were supposed to be.

It means I'm gonna be in an operation and it will take a very long time to put 'em back on track, as in a couple of years. We have to do it one step at a time. And I'm gonna be busy going back and forth to Klinik Gigi T_T. Also, I have to wait two years to wear braces.

3: Do nothing.

I don't prefer this option, as I want nice straight white teeth like in the commercials. Moreover, there were already two dentists telling me to see a professional dentist to decide what to do with my unusual teeth. So basically, I have to do something with it.

However, before making any decision, the dentist is going to do a research on my case and ask her dentist friends for opinions on what they should do.

Thus, they had to take photos of me, x-ray my teeth and make artificial teeth of mine. The whole teeth.

I'll tell ya, it was a really bad experience making artificial teeth. You can barely swallow your saliva. And during the making, you have to always open your mouth. Fortunately, it lasted less than 2 minutes. Unfortunate, actually. It was 2 minutes of torture T_T

The worst part was when taking out the 'plasticine' from my teeth. It felt as if my teeth were going to extract along with the plasticine! Sigh. It wasn't actually plasticine but it looked like one.

Nevertheless! I take it as a special case. A unique case :P So I must be proud of that. Yeah, I am. Hahah.

So, in your opinion, which option would you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes?

FREAKS